Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan is a delicious side dish, and roasting the cauliflower with the Parmesan makes it even better. This recipe will be a favorite with everyone who loves the amazing combination of roasted cauliflower + Parmesan cheese!
PIN Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan to try it later!
Through many, many years of roasting different kinds of vegetables, this Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan is a roasted vegetable dish I’ve made over and over. I thought I’d about covered the roasted cauliflower possibilities, so it surprised me recently when a failed cooking experiment led to a new variation of this recipe.
Jake and I tried roasting cauliflower in the Air Fryer and then tossing it with Parmesan, and decided it was definitely not a method we preferred. But we had the roasted cauliflower that we’d tossed with Parmesan and the oven was hot from another recipe, so we put the cauliflower into a big casserole dish and put it in the oven, just to melt the cheese a bit before we ate it .
And WOW! The melted cheese in the hot oven formed a crispy Parmesan crust on the bottom of the dish. And the new version was such a winner that I decided I had to update the method in this long-time favorite cauliflower recipe, and that’s how this new-and-improved way of making this dish was born!
I hope you’ll try it if you like the sound of roasted cauliflower with melty Parmesan!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- cauliflower, cut into dick-sized florets
- Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
What kind of Parmesan cheese can you use for this?
I would use freshly-grated Parmesan or purchased Parmesan that’s coarsely-grated for this recipe. I’m not sure how it would work with the finely-grated Parmesan that comes in a can.
Who else loves roasted cauliflower?
If you’re loving roasted cauliflower like I am, check out Low-Carb and Keto Roasted Cauliflower Recipes for more tasty recipes like this one.
More ideas for roasting vegetables:
For a few years now I’ve been completely infatuated with roasting vegetables. I’ve made classics like Roasted Asparagus, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash, and Roasted Green Beans, and a few unusual ones like Roasted Vidalia Onions, Roasted Radishes, and Roasted Zucchini!
How to make Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.)
- Cut the cauliflower in same-size bite-sized pieces.
- Toss cauliflower with enough olive oil so pieces are lightly coated, then season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper and toss with grated Parmesan.
- Spread cauliflower out in a single layer in a very large casserole dish and start to roast at 450F/230C.
- Cook 15 minutes, then turn over and cook 15 minutes more.
- Serve hot. That’s all there is to it!
More Recipes using Parmesan with Cauliflower:
1 very large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
2 T olive oil (see notes)
salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C. Use the largest flat casserole dish you have and spray with non-stick spray.
- Cut away the core of the cauliflower, then cut into small bite-sized florets. Try to make them all the same size and on the small side so they’ll all get nicely browned at the same time. (To cut the cauliflower without getting a lot of “crumbs”, cut through the stem, then pull the floret apart. This trick works well with broccoli too.)
- Put the cauliflower pieces in a large plastic bowl, add olive oil, and toss until the cauliflower pieces are all lightly coated with oil. (Start with a bit less olive oil and add more if it’s not enough to cover the cauliflower.)
- Season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, then toss with the grated Parmesan. (Adjust the amount of cheese depending on how big your head of cauliflower was.)
- Roast cauliflower for 15 minutes. Then remove pan from oven and use a large flat turner to flip the cauliflower over so the melted cheese is on top. Roast 15 minutes longer, or until cauliflower is cooked through and nicely browned.
- Serve hot. This can be reheated in the microwave or in a hot pan, although it’s best freshly made.
You need enough olive oil to coat all the cauliflower florets with oil. Use more or less grated Parmesan depending on the size of your head of cauliflower; I used coarsely grated cheese.
Recipe created by Kalyn and updated with a better method in 2017.
Amount Per Serving:
calories: 162Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 11gfiber: 5gSugar: 4gprotein: 7g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Cauliflower is a very low-carb vegetable, and Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan would make a great side dish for low-carb diet plans, including Keto. It could also work for any phase of the original South Beach Diet if you use a moderate amount of oil and cheese.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Side Dishes to find more side dish recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2011. It was updated with the improved method in 2017 and was last updated with more information in 2022.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.